Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Pirate week begins



It should come to no one's surprise that the day after the long weekend is not one of my favorites. You've just spent not only a weekend doing your own thing but you've gained a whole extra day and got paid for it, so heading back to work kinda sucks. Things were looking so good, three days of sleeping in, gotta love it. Extra time for movie watching, even better.
Which brings me to the summer movies.
Now that the second big summer blockbuster has arrived we can honestly say the movie season is upon us. I found SpiderMan 3 to be a little disappointing, kinda dragged on to much in spots. Thought the second one was better.
Shrek the Third was funny and in some moments hilarious, but overall it too was pushed. Almost like if it was a little shorter the slow parts may not show up as much. But on both of these movies I was a little tired so that could have something to do with the dragging feeling.
So I start today with pirate humour as this weekend we will see the arrival of the big blockbuster, Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End. How is it that the first big movies of the summer are all sequels and the third in the series? Lots of sequels this summer that's for sure.
I am looking forward to this movie partly due to it's completely over the top visuals and partly to make up for the second one.
So keep your hat on, it's going to be a popcorn munching, twizzler chewing, guilty pleasure movie viewing summer.

1 Comments:

Blogger Space Lover said...

Hello, your blog's VERY GOOD.
I am too looking forward to PIRATES since it's the only hope left for me this summer. See my thoughts on Pirates here:

http://bollywood-unlimited.blogspot.com/2007/05/poll-does-pirates-of-caribbean-3-excite.html

8:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home