Monday, May 28, 2007

Hockey's almost over


What a way to start the week.The sun is out, the clouds are sparse and a Vancouver hockey team has won a major cup. The Memorial Cup was won by the Vancouver Giants yesterday in what was a real battle against the Medicine Hat Tigers. The amount of hits and collisions that I saw would make you wonder why anyone would play this game. Thankfully they're young and have the ability to heal. Well done lads, it's good to keep the hockey excitement going.
Which brings me to the Stanley Cup. Yes, remember that other trophy. They decided to take a week off, I guess to allow the players to rest or maybe to give the Memorial Cup tournament a better focus. Either way it starts up again today and that means we only have 4 to 7 hockey games left to watch. Hey does that mean summer is just around the corner?
Thankfully I still have my own hockey to play for a couple more weeks at least. I think I will take the summer off again this year. It just doesn't seem right to carry one's equipment to the rink when it's 25 degrees out. When it's warm one should be lying beside the pool or basking on the beach, riding a bike or walking the dog. What, did I say that!!! That should be taking a walk with someone who is walking a dog. That's better. All is in order now. Let the week begin.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home